We’re analyzing the URL eltiempo.com to check if this website is safe to browse. We can conclude that:
- Computer Threats: 0
- Identity Threats: 0
- Annoyance factors: 0
Google Safe Browsing
Google Safe Browsing also reports a clean score for this domain, so we can conclude that there’s No Malware or Phishing associated with this site.
Google Safe Browsing is a Google service that allows client applications to check URLs against Google’s constantly updated lists of insecure web resources. Examples of insecure web resources are social engineering sites (phishing and misleading sites) and sites that host malicious or unwanted software.
In terms of domain quality AVG antivirus flags this URL with the following score: Safe
SSL certificates are important to ensure your privacy protection when browsing and is used to encrypt transactions. Here are the results for this domain:
No SSL certificate available.
Users worldwide are rating this site based on the trustworthiness and the safeness for children. The score is the following:
- Trustworthiness: 89
- Child Safety: 88
Any score over 80 should be good enough to ensure a safe browsing experience for you and for your children.
- good site contains malware serious news
- During his participation in the forum of high political content of the newspaper I got a Trojan. I suspect Forums time are a base of operations for the intelligence war the Colombian army. If you are a member of the opposition to the govermen it can be easily labeled as a guerrilla. My feeling is that I have this Trojan as punishment to make a comment dissafect the current state of the prevailing corruption in Colombian life.
- newspaper used by the government to publicize their acts because they (the president) is the owner of the newspaper. news that only benefit the government
- Impartiality in the news. Blogs with insulting ideas that generate violence and intolerance among its participants. Not suitable for children.
- The tiempo.com, qe practice what is called “tracking information” from users for commercial purposes.
*Should I care about this metric? Not necessarily, as score refers to the whole domain, and bigger domains like google.com or blogspot.com might have low scores due to a few dirty URLs.
This site has an average of 39702476,5143356 visitors per month globally, and is very popular in Colombia, United States, Mexico, Spain and Argentina. Normally, you should trust sites with big and global audiences, as well as sites with a lot of direct traffic. In the following graph You’ll be able to see how much of its traffic is direct (brand traffic)
Also, this site gets traffic from the following urls: prensaescrita.com, motor.com.co, es.wikipedia.org, portafolio.co and lanic.utexas.edu. It’s very important to understand what are the main traffic sources to understand potential risks. Are the sites listed suspicious? Then you should be careful when accessing this domain