We’re analyzing the URL romsmania.com to check if this website is safe to browse. We can conclude that:
- Computer Threats: 0
- Identity Threats: 0
- Annoyance factors: 0
Google Safe Browsing
Google Safe Browsing also reports a clean score for this domain, so we can conclude that there’s No Malware or Phishing associated with this site.
Google Safe Browsing is a Google service that allows client applications to check URLs against Google’s constantly updated lists of insecure web resources. Examples of insecure web resources are social engineering sites (phishing and misleading sites) and sites that host malicious or unwanted software.
In terms of domain quality AVG antivirus flags this URL with the following score: Safe
SSL certificates are important to ensure your privacy protection when browsing and is used to encrypt transactions. Here are the results for this domain:
It’s all good. We have not detected any issues.
Users worldwide are rating this site based on the trustworthiness and the safeness for children. The score is the following:
- Trustworthiness: 42
- Child Safety: 82
Any score over 80 should be good enough to ensure a safe browsing experience for you and for your children.
- This site is not secure. Why you are not sure you ask? Well, as someone who emulates ROM, ROM are in a different format depending on the system you want to emulate. For example, if you want a DS rom would be a .ds file. For Game Boy / Game Boy Color / Game Boy Advance, would be .gb, .GBC and .GBA. Instead, this is the kind of site that masquerades as a file something you want, like a malicious file that could give sensitive information, such as phone numbers, passwords, credit card numbers, and more. When we checked this site first, I thought it was an innocent ROM site, such as CompleteROMS EmuParadise or, heck, even ROMHustler. I recommend you stay away from this site the best you can.
- This site is downloaded .exe files instead of the ROMs should be an extension .gbc
- Luckily my Anti-Virus caught the Trojan before I cause any real pain. Not suitable for children because viruses are not suitable for anyone.
- It is a website that roms roms host, but is supposed to be ROM, not .exe files.
- .exe downloads instead of ROM. Malwarebytes detects it as “optional installation package.”
*Should I care about this metric? Not necessarily, as score refers to the whole domain, and bigger domains like google.com or blogspot.com might have low scores due to a few dirty URLs.
This site has an average of 20732921,9726981 visitors per month globally, and is very popular in United States, Brazil, Mexico, Germany and United Kingdom. Normally, you should trust sites with big and global audiences, as well as sites with a lot of direct traffic. In the following graph You’ll be able to see how much of its traffic is direct (brand traffic)
Also, this site gets traffic from the following urls: bagogames.com, disq.us, retromini.com, search.mysearch.com and ecosia.org. It’s very important to understand what are the main traffic sources to understand potential risks. Are the sites listed suspicious? Then you should be careful when accessing this domain