We’re analyzing the URL http://sourceforge.net to check if this website is safe to browse. We can conclude that:
- Computer Threats: 0
- Identity Threats: 0
- Annoyance factors: 0
Google Safe Browsing
Google Safe Browsing also reports a clean score for this domain, so we can conclude that there’s No Malware or Phishing associated with this site.
Google Safe Browsing is a Google service that allows client applications to check URLs against Google’s constantly updated lists of insecure web resources. Examples of insecure web resources are social engineering sites (phishing and misleading sites) and sites that host malicious or unwanted software.
In terms of domain quality (sourceforge.net) AVG antivirus flags this URL with the following score: Caution
SSL certificates are important to ensure your privacy protection when browsing and is used to encrypt transactions. Here are the results for this domain:
It’s all good. We have not detected any issues.
Users worldwide are rating this site based on the trustworthiness and the safeness for children. The score is the following:
- Trustworthiness: 93
- Child Safety: 93
Any score over 80 should be good enough to ensure a safe browsing experience for you and for your children.
- This downloaded and installed version from this website 10 minutes ago and my BitDefender detects multiple threats to my computer too many other softwares installed shit without my notice that I had to uninstall for me and waste time .. not download anything from this website shit again.
- Sourceforge used to be a trusted site, but in recent years bundled adware / malware software downloads. For more information, Google “malware sourceforge” or view this reddit link: I just learned this painful personal experience as a software download put the malware “Realdeal” on my system.
- This site is a very good place to download free software open source. However, I have noticed that some of the download mirrors are hosted by the networks blacklisted as Softlayer, ColoCrossing, Ignum.cz, iWeb, National Central University (Taiwan), and Optimate-Server.
- / Edit: From SourceForge have stopped this practice of co-packaging of other unwanted software, I will change my rating to positive.This change apparently it occurred as a result of change of ownership of SourceForge.
- ;Very useful site for downloading software of each ashes also connected to laptops
*Should I care about this metric? Not necessarily, as score refers to the whole domain, and bigger domains like google.com or blogspot.com might have low scores due to a few dirty URLs.
This site has an average of 82.67M visitors per month globally, and is very popular in United States, China, Germany, Brazil and United Kingdom. Normally, you should trust sites with big and global audiences, as well as sites with a lot of direct traffic. In the following graph You’ll be able to see how much of its traffic is direct (brand traffic)
Also, this site gets traffic from the following urls: openoffice.org, portableapps.com, keepass.info, wampserver.com and codeblocks.org. It’s very important to understand what are the main traffic sources to understand potential risks. Are the sites listed suspicious? Then you should be careful when accessing this domain
Around 480 people in the United States are asking every month the question is this site safe? This number is above the average of searches per month, which means people is very concerned about potential dangers visiting this site. In fact, this site is in position number 25 in searches per month with the query “is safe”. Also, Google shows 465000 number of results for this query (for an average of 3.000.000)