We’re analyzing the URL uptodown.com to check if this website is safe to browse. We can conclude that:
- Computer Threats: 0
- Identity Threats: 0
- Annoyance factors: 0
Google Safe Browsing
Google Safe Browsing also reports a clean score for this domain, so we can conclude that there’s No Malware or Phishing associated with this site.
Google Safe Browsing is a Google service that allows client applications to check URLs against Google’s constantly updated lists of insecure web resources. Examples of insecure web resources are social engineering sites (phishing and misleading sites) and sites that host malicious or unwanted software.
In terms of domain quality AVG antivirus flags this URL with the following score: Safe
SSL certificates are important to ensure your privacy protection when browsing and is used to encrypt transactions. Here are the results for this domain:
Not possible to check
Users worldwide are rating this site based on the trustworthiness and the safeness for children. The score is the following:
- Trustworthiness: 86
- Child Safety: 88
Any score over 80 should be good enough to ensure a safe browsing experience for you and for your children.
- http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=uptodown.comGoogle Segura BrowsingDiagnostic page for uptodown.com Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 437 time (s) over the past 90 days.What it happened when Google visited this site? Of the 215974 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 411 page (s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 09/02/2015, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 09/02/2015. Malicious software includes 1495 virus, 427 exploit (s), 28 trojan (s). This site was hosted on 20 network (s) including AS60781 (LEASEWEB-NL), AS16276 (OVH), AS701 (UUNET) .Has this site hosted malware? Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. =================================== http: //www.avgthreatlabs.com/ww- safety report in / website-safety-reports / domain / uptodow … 30-day for: uptodown.comSurf with cautionDuring the last 7 days are potentially active malware detected on a subdomain. However, no threats were detected on the main website. (Updated Aug 27, 2015 GMT) Types of malware found 6 Android_ctl Android / Deng Adload OpenCandyCompromised Pages 66
- Uptodown.com catalog is second most popular software in the world, used to download applications from Android, behind only Google Play. Founded in 2003, currently it processes 70 million downloads per month and has seen annual traffic growth of 400% since 2013, 75% of which comes from mobile devices. Uptodown has become a global conservative information related software applications, hosting 45,000 and 300,000 editorial comments ready to download files in a way that is both quick and easy for end users time.
- This is a good place, but children may not be inappropriate popups. Mostly you can download apps for android. But using computers may care was installed with PUP
- The site involved in the distribution of malicious software. Malware and scam site.http: //www.malwareblacklist.com/searchClearingHouse.php search = Uptodown …. http: //hosts-file.net/ s = uptodown.comhttp 😕 //www.avgthreatlabs.com /sitereports/domain/uptodown.com/
- Software installed them, found unsatisfactory and uninstalled. The files were not removed, the toolbar in Internet Explorer was installed. System Restore got rid of the toolbar, manually delete all files and duct Uptodown. He thought it was fixed, then about 3 months later, it appears in the toolbar of Firefox. Attempted removal, but it has its hooks into Internet Explorer and “Trusted Installer” (I’ve removed a while back) is blocking the removal of Internet Explorer.DO NOT INSTALL !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! I managed to uninstall averaging tools.Also specialized reference: http: //www.mywot.com/scorecard/conduit.com/comment-19746270#comment-1974 …
*Should I care about this metric? Not necessarily, as score refers to the whole domain, and bigger domains like google.com or blogspot.com might have low scores due to a few dirty URLs.
This site has an average of 561673038,652169 visitors per month globally, and is very popular in Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Spain and Turkey. Normally, you should trust sites with big and global audiences, as well as sites with a lot of direct traffic. In the following graph You’ll be able to see how much of its traffic is direct (brand traffic)
Also, this site gets traffic from the following urls: findgofind.co, search.mysearch.com, androidauthority.com, fr.informationvine.com and go.mail.ru. It’s very important to understand what are the main traffic sources to understand potential risks. Are the sites listed suspicious? Then you should be careful when accessing this domain