We’re analyzing winzipmacedition40.dmgfile and also the URLS http://download.winzip.com/winzipmacedition40.dmg, http://www.WinZip.com to check if this software is safe to download and install. For each element we can conclude that:
- Computer Threats: 0
- Identity Threats: 0
- Annoyance factors: 0
Google Safe Browsing
Google Safe Browsing also reports a clean score for this domain, so we can conclude that there’s No Malware or Phishing associated with this site.
Google Safe Browsing is a Google service that allows client applications to check URLs against Google’s constantly updated lists of insecure web resources. Examples of insecure web resources are social engineering sites (phishing and misleading sites) and sites that host malicious or unwanted software.
In terms of domain quality (winzip.com) AVG antivirus flags this URL with the following score: Safe
SSL certificates are important to ensure your privacy protection when browsing and is used to encrypt transactions. Here are the results for this domain:
It’s all good. We have not detected any issues.
Users worldwide are rating this site based on the trustworthiness and the safeness for children. The score is the following:
- Trustworthiness: 92
- Child Safety: 93
Any score over 80 should be good enough to ensure a safe browsing experience for you and for your children.
If you’re ok with prior results, you’re ready to download the file from official site: http://www.WinZip.com.
- public official website Carnegie Mellon University. Trustworthy.
- Winzip official website. Download Safe. Please do not introduce others to believe that you have downloaded virus.
- A relic of the 90s used to be the most popular .zip extractor around. Now there are many other better, free options out there
- This is the download site WinZip, a compression utility very popular files.
- ;Now why get a program to compress and decompress files when most computers come with a compression and extraction program already?!? If you are using Linux, simply: sudo apt-get install zip unzip the programs offered here contain lots of junkware that can be downloaded without your approval if not read everything in the installation carefully. Normally in Windows and Mac, simply highlight all the files you want to compress, right click and select “compress”. You should have an option for your ZIP files. In Linux, you may not have the software, but simply run the command in the terminal up and then I have to follow the same steps. Ziping a file is not an exact science and requires WinZip.
*Should I care about this metric? Not necessarily, as score refers to the whole domain, and bigger domains like google.com or blogspot.com might have low scores due to a few dirty URLs.
Around 590 people in the United States are asking every month the question is this site safe? This number is above the average of searches per month, which means people is very concerned about potential dangers visiting this site. In fact, this site is in position number 17 in searches per month with the query “is safe”. Also, Google shows 396000 number of results for this query (for an average of 3.000.000)